VICTORVILLE, Calif. (VVNG.com) — A woman was killed in a crash in front of Brentwood Park in Victorville Thursday afternoon.
The San Bernardino County Sheriff’s Department responded to the two-car crash, along with the Victorville Fire Department and AMR at about 2:02 p.m., September 5, 2019.
Upon arrival, emergency workers found a woman trapped in the driver seat of a gold Lexus sedan.
Despite life-saving measures, the unidentified woman was pronounced deceased on scene, Sheriff’s Spokeswoman Mara Rodriguez told VVNG.
The driver of the other involved vehicle, a black Jeep, was transported to a local hospital with non-life threatening injuries.
Preliminary reports indicate the driver of the Jeep was traveling eastbound on Hook Boulevard and the driver of the Lexus was traveling westbound when the crash occurred.
Authorities currently have Hook Boulevard shut down between Showhorse Lane and Aloe Road while they investigate the cause of the crash.
The identity of the woman is being withheld until next of kin notification.
Anyone that witnessed the crash is asked to contact the Victorville Police Department at (760) 241-2911.
- Apple Fire started by malfunctioning vehicle, authorities seeking witnesses
- Fire restrictions increased in San Bernardino National Forest
- Dive team recover body of boater missing in Big Bear Lake since Saturday
- No injuries reported following drive-by shooting in Victorville
- Apple Fire burns over 20,000 acres and is 5% contained