YERMO, Calif. (VVNG.com) – A woman was killed in an early morning crash along the northbound I-15 freeway between Barstow and Baker Saturday.
According to the California Highway Patrol incident logs, at 5:42 am, an unknown type vehicle was reported as being stalled in the no. 1 lane, near Alvord Mountain Road. Several minutes later, at 5:58 am, additional callers reported the stalled vehicle was struck by another vehicle and a person was laying in the roadway.
An air ambulance was requested to airlift the patient but was later cancelled. CHP logs have changed the incident from a traffic collision to a ‘fatality’.
In a post on Victor Valley News Group, member TK Lewis said, the person killed was his little cousin. “All I know is she was pulled over on the side of the freeway and was on the phone with her mom when she was hit.”
The crash prompted CHP officers to shut down the northbound I-15 freeway for several hours, causing traffic to back up for many miles. As of 7:30 am, all lanes have reopened, according to the logs.
The cause of the crash is under investigation by the California Highway Patrol – Barstow Division. Information will be updated as it becomes available.
Woman, 21, fatally hit by truck while using call box on I-15-freeway
- No injuries reported following drive-by shooting in Victorville
- Apple Fire burns over 20,000 acres and is 5% contained
- Police investigate shooting at High Desert Inn in Hesperia
- Granite Hills High School Celebrates Its AP Capstone Diploma Recipients
- National Trails Highway in Oro Grande closed due to fatal crash