HESPERIA, Calif. (VVNG.com) A death investigation was launched after a woman was found shot dead at a home Thursday afternoon.
Just after 1 pm on June 29 2017, Deputies from the Hesperia Police Department responded to a home on the 14900 block of Kimball Drive.
Upon arrival, deputies located a female in her 50’s who was pronounced deceased, said Sheriff’s Spokeswoman Jackie Chambers.
A small portion of Kimball Drive was taped off as detectives processed the scene.
However, a preliminary investigation determined the victim died as a result of a self-inflicted gunshot wound, Sheriff’s officials at the scene confirmed.
If you or someone you know is struggling with thoughts of suicide, VVNG encourages you to call the suicide prevention hotline at 1-800-273-8255
Suicide Prevention Resources
Warning signs of suicide
- Talking about wanting to die
- Looking for a way to kill oneself
- Talking about feeling hopeless or having no purpose
- Talking about feeling trapped or in unbearable pain
- Talking about being a burden to others
- Increasing the use of alcohol or drugs
- Acting anxious, agitated or recklessly
- Sleeping too little or too much
- Withdrawing or feeling isolated
- Showing rage or talking about seeking revenge
- Displaying extreme mood swings
What to do if you see warning signs of suicide
- Do not leave the person alone
- Remove any firearms, alcohol, drugs or sharp objects that could be used in a suicide attempt
- Call the U.S. National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 800-273-TALK (8255)
- Take the person to an emergency room or seek help from a medical or mental health professional
The more of these signs a person shows, the greater the risk. Warning signs are associated with suicide but may not be what causes a suicide. Information from the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention.