VICTORVILLE, Calif. (VVNG.com) — Authorities arrested a 32-year-old woman wanted in connection to an assault that occurred earlier this week in a Victorville Walmart parking lot.
Jessica Richardson Brown, of Victorville, was identified as the passenger sought by the Victorville police department after she allegedly punched the victim in the face and sprayed her with an unknown chemical before fleeing the scene of the altercation, officials said.
Thanks to tips from the public, Brown was identified and arrested at her home in the 16900 block of Nisqualli Road on May 10, 2018.
“While trying to detain the suspect, she became combative, damaging the deputy’s duty equipment and trying to avoid being handcuffed. Deputies were able to gain control of the suspect and she was placed under arrest,” officials said in a news release.
Brown was booked at High Desert Detention Center for assault with a caustic chemical, vandalism, and resisting an executive officer.
“We would like to thank everyone that came forward with information on this case,” officials said.
- No injuries reported following drive-by shooting in Victorville
- Apple Fire burns over 20,000 acres and is 5% contained
- Police investigate shooting at High Desert Inn in Hesperia
- Granite Hills High School Celebrates Its AP Capstone Diploma Recipients
- National Trails Highway in Oro Grande closed due to fatal crash