LOS ANGELES, Calif. (VVNG.com) The California Highway Patrol took over a pursuit that began in Victorville Thursday morning and ended almost 100 miles later.
The chase began when the driver failed to yield for a traffic stop near Hesperia Road around 2:00 am, which was the second pursuit to occur in less than an hour.
However, unlike the first pursuit that only lasted 7 miles, the suspect in the Dodge Neon continued onto the 15 Freeway, 10 West, the 101 and finally the 110 Freeway.
The chase ended when officers used a pursuit intervention technique (PIT) maneuver that caused the vehicle to spin into the yard of a home on the 4200 block of Monterey Road around 3:30 a.m.
The driver, whose vehicle is registered out of San Bernardino city, was taken into custody without further incident.
The San Bernardino County Sheriff’s helicopter assisted CHP for the majority of the pursuit.
- Police Arrest Transient After Burglary at Wimpey’s Pawn Shop in Victorville
- Altercation over wearing a mask at a Rancho Cucamonga gas station turns violent
- 2 homeless women arrested for possession of stolen vehicle in Victorville
- Apple Valley man, 21, arrested for Elder Abuse after pushing relative to the ground
- Town of Apple Valley offers day camp, reopens fields for youth sports