HESPERIA:(VVNG.com)- The driver of a vehicle was airlifted to a hospital following a single vehicle crash. Authorities say the male driver was under the influence when he lost control of his vehicle.
The single vehicle crash was reported at around 9:35 PM, on Sunday, April 17, 2016.
According to Hesperia Sheriff’s Departments Deputy La Fond, the vehicle an older model Acura Integra was going southbound on Palm Street, made a right turn onto Buckthorn Avenue at a high rate of speed and the driver lost control.
“He continued eastbound on Buckthorn and hit a telephone pole which caused him to rotate and hit another fence post which caused the vehicle to split in half and then he came to rest,” said La Fond.
The driver, a male in his 20’s was airlifted to Loma Linda Medical University Center with unknown injuries. No other occupants were in the vehicle and no other injuries were reported as a result of the crash.
- No injuries reported following drive-by shooting in Victorville
- Apple Fire burns over 20,000 acres and is 5% contained
- Police investigate shooting at High Desert Inn in Hesperia
- Granite Hills High School Celebrates Its AP Capstone Diploma Recipients
- National Trails Highway in Oro Grande closed due to fatal crash