The residents of the Victor Valley gathered together Saturday afternoon for what is known as the “Million March Against Child Abuse” – an effort to raise awareness and become a voice for the millions of children who suffer through child abuse everyday.
Those who gathered were there to offer support and encouragement in an all to familiar phenomenon to millions of children worldwide.
Join us in this movement to bring awareness to child abuse. Every child deserves a voice. Please join our Facebook group “VVNG” with over 30,000 members for future announcements.
- A report of child abuse is made every ten seconds
- More than four children die every day as a result of child abuse.
- It is estimated that between 50-60% of child fatalities due to maltreatment are not recorded as such on death certificates.
- Approximately 70% of children that die from abuse are under the age of 4.
- More than 90% of juvenile sexual abuse victims know their perpetrator in some way.
- Child abuse occurs at every socioeconomic level, across ethnic and cultural lines, within all religions and at all levels of education.
- About 30% of abused and neglected children will later abuse their own children, continuing the horrible cycle of abuse.
- In at least one study, about 80% of 21 year olds that were abused as children met criteria for at least one psychological disorder.
- The estimated annual cost of child abuse and neglect in the United States for 2008 is $124 billion.
For more statistics please visit: Childhelp.org
(Link to YouTube Video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAJEnB5irko&feature=share&list=UUyfc3QU9DrcWao3XE04YV8A)
All News5 days ago
Victorville crash leaves civilian dead, deputy injured
All News3 days ago
Adelanto man killed after Honda hits golf cart identified
All News5 hours ago
Man dies after altercation with security guard at Green Tree Inn
All News5 hours ago
Man, 32, found murdered inside home in Victorville
All News3 hours ago
Suspect armed with hammer shot by homeowner in Lucerne Valley