HESPERIA, Calif. (VVNG.com) — The San Bernardino County Coroner’s Officer identified the pedestrian killed on the I-15 Saturday night in Hesperia.
Reginald Elbert Ferguson, 54, a resident of Victorville was walking across the southbound lanes of Interstate 15, south of Oak Hills Road when he was struck by multiple vehicles, coroner officials said.
According to people familiar with the incident, Ferguson ran out of gas and attempted to cross the freeway.
Paramedics responded to the scene and pronounced Ferguson dead at 8:21 pm, on November 16, 2019.
His vehicle was located parked along the shoulder closer to the runaway truck ramp, scanner traffic reported.
The California Highway Patrol – San Bernardino Division, is investigating the collision.
- Can you help Victorville Police ID this suspect?
- 14 arrested, cash, guns, and marijuana seized during search warrant in Victorville
- Motorcyclist airlifted after crash on Pawnee Rd and Highway 18 in Apple Valley
- Downed Power Lines Blocking Arrowhead Lake Rd in Hesperia
- Rollover crash in Hesperia shuts down 15 freeway Tuesday, 2 airlifted