ADELANTO, Calif. (VVNG.com) Officials have identified a woman whose body was found in the desert last month as 36-year-old Silvia Solis, a resident of Nevada.
San Bernardino County Sheriff-Coroner officials identified Solis Friday afternoon but said the cause of her death remains unknown at this time.
Just after 5 p.m. Sunday, June 25, deputies from the Adelanto Sheriff’s Station responded to the area north of Highway 395 and Torosa Road, following the report of a body discovered by a man who was recreationally shooting in the desert.
Upon arrival, deputies located Solis deceased and immediately launched a death investigation.
San Bernardino County Sheriff’s Department crime scene investigators and homicide detectives thoroughly processed the scene for several hours.
Investigators are continuing to conduct the investigation. Authorities said updates would be released as they become available.
- Barstow Sheriff’s Deputy attacked by suspect with a machete
- A long-duration and dangerous heat-wave will begin Friday, Monsson activity possible
- Can you help Victorville Police ID this suspect?
- 14 arrested, cash, guns, and marijuana seized during search warrant in Victorville
- Motorcyclist airlifted after crash on Pawnee Rd and Highway 18 in Apple Valley