All NewsVictorville News

Underground Vault Fire Causes Power Outage in Victorville

VICTORVILLE, Calif. (VVNG.com)- A fire in an underground vault caused a power outage Tuesday morning in Victorville, leaving thousands of residents without electricity.

The fire was reported about 10:25 a.m. in the 13500 block of Palmdale Road, in a vault that houses equipment for Southern California Edison.

San Bernardino County Fire responded to assist Edison crews with any potential fire. An Edison employee removed the cover from the underground vault and white smoke billowed out.

According to SCE spokesman Paul Netter, the outage was caused by underground equipment failure in the area of Palmdale Road and San Martin.

A total of 1,778 customers were impacted by the outage and as of 12:40 p.m., power has been restored to all but three customers, Netter said. “We don’t have an estimate time yet, we hope to have them up by this afternoon.”

Want more news? Join the conversation in the Victor Valleys largest & most popular newsgroup: Victor Valley News

Victor Valley News Group

Have a news tip or story idea? Email News@vvng.com Victor Valley News Group - VVNG - provides breaking news and more for communities located within San Bernardino County, with a focus on the Victor Valley region of Southern California. Follow us on Social Media.
Back to top button