VICTORVILLE, Calif. (VVNG.com) A 29-year-old Victorville transient was arrested for a shooting that occurred on Amargosa Road that left a man shot in his back.
Deputies responded to reports of a man shot near the stretch of Amargosa Road known as restaurant row.
“When deputies arrived on scene, they made contact with a 40-year old male who had sustained a gunshot wound to his back,” officials said.
Police say the victim was traveling on Amargosa Road at the intersection of Desert Escape when a male who was identified as Raymond Espinoza, fired multiple rounds from his vehicle into the victim’s vehicle.
The victim and his Honda were both struck by the gunfire and Espinoza fled the incident location.
Those who work in the surrounding area said the situation was “unnerving” knowing that stray bullets could have struck anyone.
Espinoza was taken into custody on August 23, 2017, by personnel from the San Bernardino County Sheriff’s Department, Specialized Enforcement Division, in the City of Barstow, authorities announced.
He was found to be in possession of a loaded firearm, a loaded firearm magazine, and methamphetamine when he was taken into custody.
Espinoza is currently on formal felony probation through the San Bernardino County Probation Department for a previous criminal conviction of assault with a deadly weapon, officials said.
Espinoza was booked into custody at High Desert Detention Center for attempted murder, felon in possession of a firearm, felon in possession of ammunition, and an outstanding warrant for violation of probation.
- Adelanto man asleep in Del Taco drive-thru arrested on weapon and drug violations
- DMV Now Offering Commercial Driver’s License Renewals Online
- Transient arrested for arson after setting fire to bushes outside of Arby’s in Victorville
- All SB County residents urged to get tested for COVID-19 using easy-to-use nasal swabs
- Driver in high-speed pursuit cited and released due to medical condition