VICTORVILLE :(VVNG.com)- On October 2nd a Victor Valley News member warned members that her daughter was sent to the school office at Parkview Elementary school after eating what she had believed were grapes. The young female child was given the berry-like plant by a friend telling her they were grapes. When school officials were made aware of this, they called the mother of the child to make her aware of the incident so that the mother could seek proper treatment.
The child was quickly taken to a local emergency room and has since been released without any signs of poisoning. Nightshade is highly toxic, mostly in their foliage, which can be deadly depending on the amount ingested and the health of the person that ingested it.
Parkview Elementary school handled the incident quickly, giving the mother of the child a baggie with the berries and papers describing the black Nightshade plant and it’s toxicity. Several parents questioned why a school would even have this type of plant on elementary school grounds. The school upon being aware of the presence of a toxic plant on campus quickly removed all such bushes to prevent any future incidences.
If you feel your child has ingested any plant you should immediately call poison control with any information you have at:
1-800-222-1222 or call 9-1-1 .
All News5 days ago
Driver killed after crashing into tow truck on 15 freeway offramp in Hesperia
All News2 days ago
Quick Shop 66 owners on 7th Street arrested for illegal gambling operation
All News4 days ago
Apple Valley Police warning residents of recent phone scam
All News7 days ago
Pedestrian struck on Bear Valley Road Wednesday night
All News4 days ago
Multiple Windows in the Jess Ranch Marketplace damaged by BB rounds
All News3 days ago
Barstow man arrested for possession and distribution of child pornography
All News7 hours ago
Coroner Investigators seek help to ID man found dead in San Bernardino