VICTORVILLE: The City of Victorville Environmental Programs Division is sponsoring a free Tire Amnesty event on Saturday, March 29th from 8 a.m. to 12 noon. The event will be held at the City of Victorville Recycling Drop-off Center, located at 15164 Anacapa Road in Victorville.
This is a chance for City of Victorville residents to dispose of car and light truck tires free of charge. There are several requirements for the Tire Amnesty event:
- City of Victorville residents only. Participants must bring proof of City residency—such as a driver’s license or utility bill.
- No tires will be accepted from businesses or dealers.
- Only car and light truck tires will be accepted.
- Maximum of nine (9) car or light truck tires per vehicle. (It is a violation of CA Vehicle Code to transport 10 or more tires at a time.)
- Tires can be on or off rim.
[googlemap src=”” align=”alignright” ]Tires from businesses or dealers will not be accepted. In addition, shredded tires, pieces of tires, and tires filled with dirt will not be accepted. Large truck tires, off-road vehicle tires, and tires from other machinery cannot be accepted.
The Tire Amnesty event is being conducted as part of the “Grand Re-Opening” celebration for the Victorville Recycling Drop-off Center, located at 15164 Anacapa Road in Victorville.
Residents can also drop off electronic wastes, TVs, computers, appliances, and scrap metal (except cars or parts), for free during this event. There will also be giveaways, raffle prizes, and a free “Recycling Kit” to the first 100 attendees. The kit includes an in-home recycling bin, reusable shopping bag, and a plastic bag recycler.
Tires collected during the round-up will be recycled as a fuel source for the cement industry. For more information on the Tire Amnesty Day, residents should call the City of Victorville Recycling Program at 760-955-8615.