VICTORVILLE, Calif. (VVNG.com) — President of The Bradco Companies and Vice President of the Victor Valley College Board of Trustees, Joseph W. Brady, is asking for the community to rally together and participate in an online survey intended to improve the overall quality of life in our area.
Brady and several of his colleagues in the business community have commissioned noted regional economist Dr. John Husing and his colleague Dr. Barbara Sirotnik of California State University, San Bernardino, to conduct a Survey and Solutions Report intended to identify the five-to-ten major community issues that impact our region.
“Your active participation in the process of preparing the Survey and Solutions Report can be an important first step toward addressing the problems we face. I hope that you will join me in this essential endeavor,” stated Brady.
Brady has lived in the High Desert for over 30 years and says the “region has dramatically changed” over that time.
“While it retains some of the attributes that attracted many of us to locate here there are significant and growing social and economic problems that simply need to be addressed in order for the region and its communities to remain viable in the years ahead. Those of us who love the High Desert cannot sit idly by while our region continues to deteriorate,” stated Brady.
Brady acknowledges there are people in our community who hold the opinion that our region has “lost its heart” but he does not believe that’s the case.
“While there are undoubtedly many folks who are frustrated with the myriad problems we face, including high crime, limited employment opportunities, traffic congestion along the I-15 corridor and homelessness (to name just a few), they remain optimistic that solutions may be found to these and other challenges,” stated Brady.
According to Brady in order for this effort to be successful, support from the following entities will be essential:
- All Chambers of Commerce, Fraternal organizations and community-based organizations in the Town of Apple Valley and the cities of Adelanto, Barstow, Hesperia and Victorville. We also need help from our friends in the Tri-Community (Phelan, Pinon Hills, Wrightwood, El Mirage (Helendale) Silver Lakes, Hinkley, Dagget-Yermo, Newberry Springs, Lucerne Valley and Johnson Valley).
- All elected and appointed leaders in the above referenced communities including those that serve on special districts, municipal advisory commissions, community service districts (CSD’s).
- School District officials, who can encourage students and their parents to participate in the survey.
- County and State government officials, including First District Supervisor Robert Lovingood, Third District Supervisor Dawn Rowe, Assemblyman Jay Obernolte and State Senator Scott Wilk; and
- Individual citizens like you.
Brady said he urges all residents to not only participate but to do all they can to let people know about this survey.
“This is a time to set individual agendas and egos aside to work toward the common goal of solving our region’s many challenges. In many cases the solutions to the problems we face may not be governmental but will require the active involvement of the citizens themselves,” stated Brady.
The survey can be accessed at www.HighDesertSurvey.com starting August 1 through August 31, 2019.
There is a Facebook page that will have updates. Please give it a like and share at www.facebook.com/highdesertsurvey.
Joseph W. Brady, CCIM, SIOR, is president of The Bradco Companies and Vice President of the Victor Valley College Board of Trustees.
All News4 days ago
Driver killed after crashing into tow truck on 15 freeway offramp in Hesperia
All News6 days ago
Man panhandling arrested after attempting to rob a customer at gunpoint
All News3 days ago
Apple Valley Police warning residents of recent phone scam
All News22 hours ago
Quick Shop 66 owners on 7th Street arrested for illegal gambling operation
All News6 days ago
Pedestrian struck on Bear Valley Road Wednesday night
All News3 days ago
Multiple Windows in the Jess Ranch Marketplace damaged by BB rounds
All News2 days ago
Barstow man arrested for possession and distribution of child pornography