STAY WARM AND EAT GREAT!
- Onion- Chopped
- Carrots- Sliced
- Celery (Stalks and leaves) – sliced
- Garlic- Chopped
- Italian Seasoning, salt and pepper to taste
- Chicken Broth (and water as needed)
- Cooked Chicken- Cubed
- Egg Noodles (or rice)
- Fresh Spinach Leaves
- Grated Cheese (Optional)
- In large heavy pot, heat 2-3 tablespoons of Olive Oil
- Add Veggies and Sauté over medium/high flames until starting to brown.
- Lower heat slightly and add garlic and seasonings and cook until caramelized.
- Add broth and Chicken (plus enough water to cover well)
- Check seasoning for taste (adjust to personal preference )
- Simmer until veggies are almost tender
- Add pasta (Egg Noodles or Rice) and cook until *’Al Dente’
- Turn Off flame and stir in spinach and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Add 1 cup of cold water to halt noodles from overcooking
- Serve and enjoy with fresh grated cheese!
*Al dente means “to the tooth” in Italian. This is the desired texture achieved when cooking pasta. When pasta is cooked al dente it should have a slight resistance when being chewed. The pasta should be cooked fully but not soft.
Looking for more recipes and ideas?
Join our Food group with over 2200 members and share your recipes and get great cooking ideas from other locals. www.facebook.com/groups/victorvalleyfoodjunkies Victor Valley Food Junkies
All News6 days ago
NB-15 freeway closed near Barstow due to fatal officer involved shooting
All News5 days ago
Coroner ID’s driver killed in crash involving school bus on National Trails Highway
Apple Valley News7 days ago
Apple Valley in-person voting sites open Oct 26
All News4 days ago
3 people airlifted from crash on Palmdale Road in Phelan
Adelanto News5 days ago
3 suspects wanted in connection with a carjacking in Adelanto
All News4 days ago
Pedestrian struck by vehicle Friday night on Mojave Drive in Victorville
Adelanto News3 days ago
29-year-old man shot and killed in Adelanto
All News2 days ago
20-year-old pedestrian killed Sunday night in Victorville