VICTORVILLE, Calif. (VVNG.com) A person’s suicide attempt forced the closure of the 15 Freeway in Victorville Thursday night.
At approximately 9:35 pm a deputy arrived at the Mojave Drive freeway overpass bridge and located a 30-year-old subject sitting on a freeway sign and cutting themselves, scanner traffic reported.
All southbound and northbound lanes of traffic were stopped as deputies and firefighters attempted to rescue the subject.
An SBC Fire Captain climbed a ladder in a bid to reach the victim, who was safely rescued at around 10:00 pm.
Both directions of traffic were reopened at around 10:15 pm.
This is a developing story and will be updated as more information becomes available.
- Driver in high-speed pursuit cited and released due to medical condition
- Police investigating after man shows up to local hospital with gunshot wound
- Homeless man stabbed in the back, 30-year-old arrested for attempted murder
- Man, 21, parked in the Town Center Parking lot robbed at gunpoint
- 25-year-old on probation back in jail after pursuit in Victorville