OAK HILLS, Calif. (VVNG.com) — Sheriff’s officials released new information about an ongoing investigation at a home on the east side of Oak Hills Tuesday afternoon.
Sheriff’s spokeswoman Staci Parks told VVNG the original call came out as a stabbing but when deputies arrived it was determined it was a shooting.
“An adult female at the residence sustained a gunshot wound to the head and was airlifted to the hospital,” stated Parks.
According to Parks, an adult male was being detained for questioning but no arrests had been made.
It happened on March 31, 2020, at about 1:00 pm, in the 7600 block of Outpost Road.
Outpost Road was closed off with crime scene tape, forcing vehicles to find alternate routes.
Information on if the victim and the shooter knew each other was not available. Additional information will be updated as its released.
- Apple Fire started by malfunctioning vehicle, authorities seeking witnesses
- Fire restrictions increased in San Bernardino National Forest
- Dive team recover body of boater missing in Big Bear Lake since Saturday
- No injuries reported following drive-by shooting in Victorville
- Apple Fire burns over 20,000 acres and is 5% contained