SAN BERNARDINO, Calif. (VVNG.com) — The California Department of Transportation (Caltrans) announced Friday, the full closure of SR-138 has been extended due to recent rainstorms.
SR-138 will remain closed between Interstate 15 and Summit Valley Road until Friday, March 23rd at 6:00 p.m., Caltrans officials announced.
The realignment will remove several curves and steep grades reducing the three-mile stretch by one mile. The project also includes constructing outside shoulders, three bridges, and three wildlife crossings.
SR-138 will remain a two-lane road with one lane in each direction. The closure is necessary to complete striping and earthwork. Signed detours will be in place.
- Fire restrictions increased in San Bernardino National Forest
- Dive team recover body of boater missing in Big Bear Lake since Saturday
- No injuries reported following drive-by shooting in Victorville
- Apple Fire burns over 20,000 acres and is 5% contained
- Police investigate shooting at High Desert Inn in Hesperia