FORT IRWIN, Calif. (VVNG.com) – One Mississippi Army National Guard Soldier was killed and three others were injured during training operations Monday night at the National Training Center at Fort Irwin, California.
The four Soldiers are all assigned to the 155th Armored Brigade Combat Team, headquartered in Tupelo, Mississippi, and were participating in a large-scale training exercise at the base at the time of the incident.
The three injured Soldiers were transferred by military helicopter to the Loma Linda University Medical Center in Loma Linda, California, and are in stable condition, according to hospital staff.
The Soldiers’ names are being withheld until 24 hours after the families of the victims have been notified.
The incident is currently under investigation.
- Adelanto man asleep in Del Taco drive-thru arrested on weapon and drug violations
- DMV Now Offering Commercial Driver’s License Renewals Online
- Transient arrested for arson after setting fire to bushes outside of Arby’s in Victorville
- All SB County residents urged to get tested for COVID-19 using easy-to-use nasal swabs
- Driver in high-speed pursuit cited and released due to medical condition