CAJON PASS, Calif. (VVNG.com) – A rental car caught fire Friday afternoon and spread to vegetation, causing lanes to close and a SigAlert to be issued.
The California Highway Patrol logs said the fire started at 1 pm after a single vehicle crash on the northbound 15 freeway, about two miles south of Oak Hill Road.
The car is a white SUV from Fox Rental and was completely engulfed in flames when First Responders arrived.
The driver was able to escape without injuries. However, the fired spread to vegetation and was contained in a 75×75 area.
Per SB County Fire, it appears the fire is under control and there is a low-rate of spread.
The only lanes showing affected were the truck lane and #4 lane (slow lane.)
This is a breaking news story, check back for updates.
- No injuries reported following drive-by shooting in Victorville
- Apple Fire burns over 20,000 acres and is 5% contained
- Police investigate shooting at High Desert Inn in Hesperia
- Granite Hills High School Celebrates Its AP Capstone Diploma Recipients
- National Trails Highway in Oro Grande closed due to fatal crash