According to the San Bernardino County Sheriff Coroners release, an incident occurred on Tuesday, April 30th, at 2:25pm. Victorville deputies responded to reports of shots fired on B St., near 7th St in Victorville.
When deputies and medical aid arrived, they found Darnell Levell Mahan, a 21 year old resident of Adelanto, unresponsive with gunshot wounds. The victim was pronounced dead at the scene.
Janet Barnicoat member of Victor Valley News posted the following, “This morning I went to the spot where that young man was shot and killed yesterday afternoon… Such a tragedy!!! I was shocked to see it wasn’t cleaned up to well and shell casings were still imbedded in the street. I took a candle and lit it for him. No matter what a person does in life it doesn’t give anyone the right to take another’s life!!!”
Anyone with information regarding this incident is urged to call San Bernardino County Sheriff’s Homicide Detail at (909) 387-3589 or We-Tip at (800) 78-CRIME (27463) or leave information on the We-Tip website at www.wetip.com.
- Apple Fire started by malfunctioning vehicle, authorities seeking witnesses
- Fire restrictions increased in San Bernardino National Forest
- Dive team recover body of boater missing in Big Bear Lake since Saturday
- No injuries reported following drive-by shooting in Victorville
- Apple Fire burns over 20,000 acres and is 5% contained