VICTORVILLE, Calif. (VVNG.com) – Detectives arrested two suspects working as security guards for burglary of illegal fireworks that had previously been confiscated, authorities said.
On June 27, 2017, deputies from the Victorville Police Department were requested by San Bernardino County Fire Investigators to respond to an undisclosed location in Victorville for a burglary that occurred overnight.
Through investigation, detectives discovered that two suspects, working for a security company at the location, had broken into a building being used by SBCoFire to store confiscated, illegal fireworks.
The suspects, identified as Nicollo Floresca, 27, an Adelanto resident and Preston Haynes, 25, from Apple Valley stole approximately two hundred pounds of illegal fireworks and each took a portion to their residences.
Search warrants were written for the residen ces, located in the 18600 block of Sonoma Road in Adelanto and the 21000 block of Nisqually Road in Apple Valley. Detectives serving the search warrants located both suspects and recovered all of the stolen fireworks. Floresca and Haynes were arrested for burglary, and the case has been forwarded to the District Attorney’s office for review and filing.
Anyone with information about this investigation is asked to contact Detective James Tebbetts, at the Victorville Police Department at (760) 241-2911. Callers wishing to remain anonymous are urged to call the We-Tip Hotline at 1-800-78CRIME (27463), or you may leave information on the We-Tip website at www.wetip.com.
- Adelanto man asleep in Del Taco drive-thru arrested on weapon and drug violations
- DMV Now Offering Commercial Driver’s License Renewals Online
- Transient arrested for arson after setting fire to bushes outside of Arby’s in Victorville
- All SB County residents urged to get tested for COVID-19 using easy-to-use nasal swabs
- Driver in high-speed pursuit cited and released due to medical condition