Adapted from the Lone Star Steak House. Makes 1 gallon.
- 5-8 Family size Tea Bags. (or 12 regular Tea Bags). ( prefer Luzianne or Lipton Brand Teas.)
- 1 Quart (4 Cups) Boiling Water.
- 3 Quarts (12 cups) Cool Water.
- 1 1/2 – 2 (one & a half) Cups sugar.
- 1/4 teaspoon Baking Soda (this is the SECRET Ingredient!!) Imagine that! BAKING SODA!
-Sprinkle baking soda into a pitcher (Use a gallon size pitcher).
-Add Tea bags to the pitcher/baking soda.
-Pour Boiling water over tea bags.
-Cover and allow to steep for 15 minutes.
-Remove and toss out Tea Bags.
-Add Sugar and Stir until completely dissolved.
-Add Cool Water.
-Refrigerate until cold and ready to drink.
-Serve over ice.
-Take a nice long sip. Repeat. Ya’ll Enjoy!!