VICTORVILLE, Calif. (VVNG.com) — Efforts to recover the body of 6-year-old Duke Flores in a Victorville landfill have officially entered into the 3rd week.
San Bernardino County Sheriff’s tweeted Monday morning and said Homicide Detectives, 8 Sheriff’s Department volunteers, 1 search dogs, 8 additional Sheriff’s Department employees, and personnel from the landfill will continue to sift through 1200 tons of material in hopes of finding him.
It’s been over three weeks since anyone has seen Duke who’s presumed to be dead after Homicide Detectives said they believed Duke’s body had been dumped in a trash bin that was offloaded at the landfill.
Duke’s mom, Jackee Contreras and her twin sister Jennifer Rachel Contreras, both 29, remain jailed on first-degree murder charges.
According to court documents, both defendants are scheduled to appear in a Victorville courtroom on June 6, 2019.
Download the My VVNG App today HERE or Search “MY VVNG” in the Google Play Store or Apple App Store to join our new community platform.
To follow updates to this article and more, join our newsgroup on Facebook with over 165,000 members. Like our Facebook page, and Follow us on Instagram and Twitter.
(Scroll down to leave a comment.)