(VVNG.com)- Beginning June 1, changes in the maximum-allowable income to qualify for the California Alternate Rates for Energy (CARE) and the Family Electric Rate Assistance (FERA) programs could mean more Southern California Edison (SCE) customers are eligible for a discount on their electric bill.
The income limits for CARE and FERA programs have increased, meaning more SCE customers may qualify for one of the programs. The CARE program can lower customers’ utility bills by approximately 30 percent, and FERA provides a reduced monthly discount for income-qualified households of three or more based on energy usage.
“We are pleased with the income criteria adjustments that will allow SCE to serve even more eligible customers who qualify for these programs, thus helping to reduce their utility bill,” said Jack Parkhill, SCE manager for the Income Qualified and Economic Assistance Program. “We encourage customers to learn more about these rates and how to apply by visiting SCE at www.sce.com/billhelp or calling 1-800-655-4555.”
The new income guidelines for the CARE and FERA programs are listed below:
As summer nears, SCE encourages customers to be proactive by practicing energy conservation with the following tips:
- Reduce your energy use on hot summer days between 2 p.m.-6 p.m. when demand reaches its peak.
- Set thermostats no lower than 78 degrees when it is hot.
- Use electric fans instead of air conditioning when practical.
- Close drapes and blinds to keep out direct sunlight during hot periods.
- Use appliances such as dishwashers and clothes dryers during morning or evening hours.
You must be logged in to post a comment.