CAJON PASS, Calif. (VVNG.com) A stretch of the southbound I-15 freeway was temporarily closed Sunday night due to a vehicle fire.
At 8:28 p.m., a white pickup truck hauling a trailer caught fire south of Cleghorn Road in the Cajon Pass.
Firefighters arrived and located the truck and trailer fully engulfed on the rights hand-shoulder of the freeway.
According to the California Highway Patrol incident logs, at 8:48 p.m., all lanes were stopped till the fire was out.
The fire was knocked down by 9:30 p.m. and no injuries were reported. The truck was hauling general merchandise and did not pose a hazardous threat, scanner traffic reported.
The incident has caused traffic to back up for approximately 5 miles on the southbound side.
At 8:55 p.m., a separate crash involving a VW Jetta and a Chevy Camaro was reported on the northbound 15 freeway north of Kenwood Avenue. It’s unclear if any other vehicles were involved and injuries are also unknown. The crash caused an already slow “lookie loo” traffic to back up.
— Cajon Crawl (@CajonCrawl) August 21, 2017
Want more news? Join the conversation in the Victor Valley’s largest & most popular newsgroup: Victor Valley News.
- Fire restrictions increased in San Bernardino National Forest
- Dive team recover body of boater missing in Big Bear Lake since Saturday
- No injuries reported following drive-by shooting in Victorville
- Apple Fire burns over 20,000 acres and is 5% contained
- Police investigate shooting at High Desert Inn in Hesperia