VICTORVILLE-(VVNG.com): Emergency aid was dispatched to a residence on the 12400 block of Hook Boulevard in Victorville following a report of a rattlesnake bite.
On Tuesday, August 18th at about 9:30 p.m. first responder arrived at the home just minutes following the call to a 20-year-old woman with what appeared to be a snake bite to an unknown portion of her body.
An air ambulance was requested, but later cancelled for unknown reasons. The woman was transported by ground ambulance to Victor Valley Global Medical Center.
There is no further information regarding the condition of the woman or any other circumstances surrounding this medical emergency.
According to San Bernardino County Fire Department Spokeswoman Tracey Martinez, the snake was captured.
Information will be updated as it is received.
“It is important for High Desert residents to be aware that snakes, although cold-blooded do not like extreme heat and will seek shelter under a rock or other shaded areas. It is also not uncommon for them to be out at night due to extreme temperatures, that can be deadly to them.
The venom of most rattlesnakes, especially the Mojave Green rattlesnake, has the potential to be deadly, especially if medical treatment is not immediately sought. If you or your pet are bit by a rattlesnake you should seek immediate medical attention.”
All News6 days ago
NB-15 freeway closed near Barstow due to fatal officer involved shooting
All News5 days ago
Coroner ID’s driver killed in crash involving school bus on National Trails Highway
Apple Valley News6 days ago
Apple Valley in-person voting sites open Oct 26
All News4 days ago
3 people airlifted from crash on Palmdale Road in Phelan
Adelanto News5 days ago
3 suspects wanted in connection with a carjacking in Adelanto
All News4 days ago
Pedestrian struck by vehicle Friday night on Mojave Drive in Victorville
Adelanto News3 days ago
29-year-old man shot and killed in Adelanto
All News2 days ago
20-year-old pedestrian killed Sunday night in Victorville