SAN BERNARDINO, Calif. (VVNG.com) A 6-month-old labrador/pit bull mix puppy continues to recover after he was found with a broken jaw, acid burns to his face and was even sodomized by his abuser.
The Animal Hope & Wellness Foundation is offering a $10,000 reward for those with information leading to the arrest of the person responsible. The announcement was made Monday evening via The Animal Hope & Wellness Foundation Facebook page.
The puppy, now named Riley, was found by a woman on August 9th in the parking lot of Monterey Elementary in San Bernardino.
Riley was taken to Loma Linda Animal Hospital for treatment and a veterinarian said it appeared he had also been beaten over the head.
According to the Facebook post, Riley was beaten, sodomized, had his jaw shattered and was left to die, after having acid poured on his face.
“We are currently working the case, and have hired two investigators to help piece together the details of what happened,” stated the post.
Riley is being fostered by the Ching family and will be going in for reconstructive surgery, where they will attempt to rebuild his jaw.
“He is only still a baby, and while he will live the rest of his life permanently disfigured, he is still beautiful to me,” stated the foundations Facebook post.
WARNING: GRAPHIC PHOTO BELOW
- Barstow Sheriff’s Deputy attacked by suspect with a machete
- A long-duration and dangerous heat-wave will begin Friday, Monsson activity possible
- Can you help Victorville Police ID this suspect?
- 14 arrested, cash, guns, and marijuana seized during search warrant in Victorville
- Motorcyclist airlifted after crash on Pawnee Rd and Highway 18 in Apple Valley