PINON HILLS, Calif. (VVNG.com) — A Pinon Hills man riding a motorcycle was killed in a head-on traffic collision Friday morning, California Highway Patrol officials said.
The 53-year-old victim was riding a 2015 Kawasaki Voyager, eastbound on State Route 138, near Silver Rock Road about 5:24 am.
The motorcycle collided head-on with a 2013 Chevy Cruze driven by a 20-year-old woman also a resident of Pinon Hills.
CHP officials said the driver of the Cruze allowed her vehicle to travel from westbound traffic into eastbound traffic, directly into the path of the motorcycle.
The rider was pronounced dead at the scene despite emergency personnel attempting life-saving efforts.
The female driver received minor injuries and declined medical transportation, officials said.
The victim’s identity will be confirmed and released by the San Bernardino County Sheriff’s Coroner.
Victorville CHP is handling this investigation and anyone who witnessed or has information regarding this traffic collision is encouraged to contact (760) 241-1186.
**UPDATE — The coroner’s office identified the deceased man as Darren Stahl.
- Apple Fire started by malfunctioning vehicle, authorities seeking witnesses
- Fire restrictions increased in San Bernardino National Forest
- Dive team recover body of boater missing in Big Bear Lake since Saturday
- No injuries reported following drive-by shooting in Victorville
- Apple Fire burns over 20,000 acres and is 5% contained