PHELAN, Calif. (VVNG.com) A driver was killed Sunday afternoon after veering off the highway and into an embankment.
The call was dispatched at 1:38 p.m. in the area of Sheep Creek Road and State Route 138 on December 8, 2019, according to the California Highway Patrol incident logs.
San Bernardino County Fire Department arrived on scene, along with CHP, and pronounced the driver of the vehicle dead at the scene.
According to the incident logs, the vehicle was not visible from the highway following the crash.
The logs reported the vehicle as a semi-truck, however, witnesses are reporting a green/white sedan possibly an older model Honda. A VVNG photographer is en route to the scene to confirm.
This is a breaking news story, please check back for updates.
- Homeless man stabbed in the back, 30-year-old arrested for attempted murder
- Man, 21, parked in the Town Center Parking lot robbed at gunpoint
- 25-year-old on probation back in jail after pursuit in Victorville
- Combative driver trapped in car punches firefighter and kicks deputies
- Apple Fire started by malfunctioning vehicle, authorities seeking witnesses