ADELANTO, Calif. (VVNG.com) — A 39-year-old Phelan man was killed after he was ejected in a rollover traffic accident, officials said.
At 6:24 am, on May 12, 2018, dispatch received reports of a solo rollover traffic collision in the area of El Mirage Elementary School in Adelanto.
According to the California Highway Patrol, the vehicle, a 1995 Honda Civic was traveling north on Saint Basil Road, south of El Mirage Road at an ‘elevated speed’. “For reasons still under investigation, the driver of the Honda collided with a dirt berm located on the east roadway edge, causing the vehicle to overturn multiple times,” stated a CHP news release.
The driver who was not wearing his seatbelt was ejected from the crash and sustained fatal injuries.The name of the deceased will be released pending positive identification and notification of next of kin.
The Victorville CHP office is handling the investigation and anyone who witnessed or has information regarding this collision is encouraged to call the CHP office at (760)241-2911.
- Apple Fire started by malfunctioning vehicle, authorities seeking witnesses
- Fire restrictions increased in San Bernardino National Forest
- Dive team recover body of boater missing in Big Bear Lake since Saturday
- No injuries reported following drive-by shooting in Victorville
- Apple Fire burns over 20,000 acres and is 5% contained