CAJON PASS, Calif. (VVNG.com) A pedestrian was transported to a hospital in grave condition after he was struck by a vehicle on the 15 Freeway Sunday night in the Cajon Pass.
The vehicle versus pedestrian crash was reported at 8:09 p.m. December 8th, 2019, on the northbound 15 Freeway just north of Mathews Ranch Road, between Kenwood Avenue and Blue Cut.
According to the California Highway Patrol logs, a female driver of a silver Lexus RS350 struck the pedestrian.
According to preliminary information from CHP logs, a caller advised that a white 4-door sedan was stopped in the middle of lanes and the driver appeared to be under the influence.
A male reportedly exited the white vehicle and was struck by a silver Lexus RS350, the logs indicated.
“We responded to a man down in front of a vehicle in the fast lane. The man was suffering from life-threatening injuries and was transported to Arrowhead Regional Medical Center,” Eric Sherwin, Public Information Officer for San Bernardino County Fire told Victor Valley News.
Officials shut down the #1, 2, 3, and 4 lanes, and briefly issued a SigAlert.
All lanes of traffic were reopened at 9:08 p.m., and no further information on the crash was immediately available.
- Apple Fire started by malfunctioning vehicle, authorities seeking witnesses
- Fire restrictions increased in San Bernardino National Forest
- Dive team recover body of boater missing in Big Bear Lake since Saturday
- No injuries reported following drive-by shooting in Victorville
- Apple Fire burns over 20,000 acres and is 5% contained