VICTORVILLE, Calif. (VVNG.com) — A pedestrian was airlifted with critical injuries after being struck by a hit-and-run driver Sunday night.
At about 8:45 p.m., emergency personnel were dispatched to a vehicle versus pedestrian crash in the 15200 block on Bear Valley Road, west of Balsam Avenue.
San Bernardino County Fire located one victim and requested a helicopter to land at Desert Valley Hospital.
The victim was flown to Arrowhead Regional Medical Center with life-threatening injuries.
Victor Valley News Group member Beeto Leon posted about the incident and said, “whoever hit that guy on Bear Valley right in front of me and just took off, I hope you have bad karma for not stopping and helping the guy out.”
Beeto described the suspect vehicle as a large dark-colored BMW SUV that continued westbound on Bear Valley.
According to Beeto, the pedestrian was a Hispanic male adult wearing a red shirt with a large mustache and goatee.
Two westbound lanes of Bear Valley Road were closed just west of Balsam Avenue while Victorville Police investigated.
Check back later for updates as they become available.
- Apple Fire started by malfunctioning vehicle, authorities seeking witnesses
- Fire restrictions increased in San Bernardino National Forest
- Dive team recover body of boater missing in Big Bear Lake since Saturday
- No injuries reported following drive-by shooting in Victorville
- Apple Fire burns over 20,000 acres and is 5% contained