VICTORVILLE, Calif. (news release) – The City of Victorville will host its 21st Annual Veterans Day Parade and Ceremony, Nov. 11 from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. in Old Town Victorville.
Applications to participate in the parade are now being accepted at Hook Community Center. Groups of all types are encouraged to participate and are recommended to follow a patriotic theme. The application deadline for participation in the parade is Oct. 19.
The City will also host its Freedom Mile Run prior to the parade. The mile-long run starts at 8:50 a.m. and will serve as the kick-off for the parade. Participation in the Freedom Mile Run is free. Registration for the run will be at the corner of 7th Street and Forrest Avenue at 8:15 a.m. The first 100 runners registered will receive a free commemorative race bib.
The parade route begins at Tracy and 7th Streets. The Veterans Day Ceremony immediately follows the parade at 7th Street and Forrest Avenue. The Ceremony will feature a Salute to Victorville Veterans. Veterans interested in being included in this tribute must complete the City’s Veteran Information Form no later than Oct. 15.
The parade application and Veteran Information Form can be downloaded from the City of Victorville website at www.victorvilleca.gov. For more information about the Freedom Mile Run, parade and ceremony, call (760) 245-5551 or (760) 955-5028.
- Transient arrested for arson after setting fire to bushes outside of Arby’s in Victorville
- All SB County residents urged to get tested for COVID-19 using easy-to-use nasal swabs
- Driver in high-speed pursuit cited and released due to medical condition
- Police investigating after man shows up to local hospital with gunshot wound
- Homeless man stabbed in the back, 30-year-old arrested for attempted murder