VICTORVILLE, Calif. (VVNG.com) A Victorville cemetery was temporarily closed after a man was found dead early Tuesday morning.
It was reported to officials at around 7:15 a.m., by a person at the Desert View Memorial Park in the 11500 block of Amargosa Road.
According to a scanner traffic, a person reported hearing a single gunshot before finding the man sitting in a lawn chair near a grave site.
“The male adult was pronounced deceased by medical personnel on scene. His death appears to be a result of suicide,” said Sheriff’s Spokeswoman Mara Rodriguez.
The Sheriff’s Coroner Division responded and will conduct the investigation into the cause of death.
If you or someone you know is struggling with thoughts of suicide, VVNG encourages you to call the suicide prevention hotline at 1-800-273-8255
Suicide Prevention Resources
Warning signs of suicide
- Talking about wanting to die
- Looking for a way to kill oneself
- Talking about feeling hopeless or having no purpose
- Talking about feeling trapped or in unbearable pain
- Talking about being a burden to others
- Increasing the use of alcohol or drugs
- Acting anxious, agitated or recklessly
- Sleeping too little or too much
- Withdrawing or feeling isolated
- Showing rage or talking about seeking revenge
- Displaying extreme mood swings
What to do if you see warning signs of suicide
- Do not leave the person alone
- Remove any firearms, alcohol, drugs or sharp objects that could be used in a suicide attempt
- Call the U.S. National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 800-273-TALK (8255)
- Take the person to an emergency room or seek help from a medical or mental health professional
The more of these signs a person shows, the greater the risk. Warning signs are associated with suicide but may not be what causes a suicide. Information from the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention.
- Barstow Sheriff’s Deputy attacked by suspect with a machete
- A long-duration and dangerous heat-wave will begin Friday, Monsson activity possible
- Can you help Victorville Police ID this suspect?
- 14 arrested, cash, guns, and marijuana seized during search warrant in Victorville
- Motorcyclist airlifted after crash on Pawnee Rd and Highway 18 in Apple Valley