FeaturedNewsVictorville News

No injuries reported after smoke fills hospice care facility in Victorville

VICTORVILLE, Calif. (VVNG.com) — Victorville City Fire Department responded to a smoke-filled hospice care facility Wednesday.

It was reported initially as a fire at about 3:20 p.m. on April 10, 2019, in the 17200 block of Jasmine Street near Industrial Center Drive.

When firefighters arrived they located smoke coming from the inside of unit #104, at the Kindred Hospice care facility.

Everyone in the building had already been evacuated before firefighters arrived, scanner traffic reported.

Firefighters made roof access to find a control panel and determined the smoke was coming from an HVAC system – Heating Ventilation and Air Conditioning System.

The system was successfully shut off and it was determined not to be a fire.

On Friday afternoon, a representative from Kindred Hospice told Victor Valley News that there were no injuries reported and they are back open.

To follow updates to this article and more, Join our newsgroup on Facebook with over 127,000 members, Like our Facebook page, and Follow us on Instagram and Twitter.

Leave a comment

Comment(s)

VictorValleyNews

Have a news tip or story idea? We'd love to hear from you! Call (760)998-1598 or email News@vvng.com
Back to top button
Close
Close