CAJON PASS, Calif. (VVNG.com) –The San Bernardino County Sheriff’s Department is asking for the public’s help in identifying a suspect wanted for murder.
On September 4, 2019, at 5:08 a.m., Sheriff’s Dispatch received a call of gunshots in the area of Wagon Train Road and State Highway 138, according to a news release.
“The caller reported hearing multiple gunshots and found an adult male with at least one gunshot wound,” officials said.
Deputies from the San Bernardino County Sheriff’s Department – Central Station responded and located a deceased male.
The victim’s identity is being withheld pending next of kin notification.
Detectives from the Specialized Investigations Division arrived and assumed the investigation.
“Witnesses reported seeing a dark-colored sport utility vehicle in the area at the time of the shooting. The suspect(s) remain outstanding and detectives are seeking anyone who may have information about this incident,” the department said.
Anyone with information is urged to contact the Specialized Investigations Division, Detective Scott Abernathy at (909)-387-3589. Callers wishing to remain anonymous can contact WeTip at 1-800-78- CRIME or www.wetip.com.
This is a breaking news story. Please check back for updates.
- No injuries reported following drive-by shooting in Victorville
- Apple Fire burns over 20,000 acres and is 5% contained
- Police investigate shooting at High Desert Inn in Hesperia
- Granite Hills High School Celebrates Its AP Capstone Diploma Recipients
- National Trails Highway in Oro Grande closed due to fatal crash