VICTORVILLE, Calif. (VVNG.com) A County of San Bernardino vehicle and a motorcycle were involved in a traffic collision Monday afternoon.
It happened at about 3:27 p.m., at the intersection of Hesperia and Silica Roads in Victorville.
When emergency crews arrived, they located a 2009 Toyota Prius and a Kawasaki motorcycle had collided in the northbound lanes.
According to a witness, the motorcyclist was traveling northbound on Hesperia Road when the Prius attempted to make a left-hand-turn from southbound Hesperia Road into the Well’s Fargo parking lot.
San Bernardino County Firefighters requested a medical helicopter to airlift the patient, however, due to weather the helicopters were unable to launch, stated San Bernardino County Fire spokesman Eric Sherwin.
The patient was transported by ground ambulance to Arrowhead Regional Medical Center.
The crash created a traffic jam for motorist in the area as the San Bernardino County Sheriff’s deputies photographed the scene. The cause of the crash remains under investigation.
No other injuries were reported as a result of the crash.
- All SB County residents urged to get tested for COVID-19 using easy-to-use nasal swabs
- Driver in high-speed pursuit cited and released due to medical condition
- Police investigating after man shows up to local hospital with gunshot wound
- Homeless man stabbed in the back, 30-year-old arrested for attempted murder
- Man, 21, parked in the Town Center Parking lot robbed at gunpoint