VICTORVILLE, Calif. (VVNG.com) — A motorcyclist was injured Tuesday night when he crashed while trying to flee from police in Victorville.
On December 3, 2019, at about 6:00 pm, a Victorville deputy was patrolling near the area of Verde and Hesperia Roads and saw a motorcycle illegally pass a Victor Valley Transit Authority bus on the opposite side of traffic.
Sheriff’s spokeswoman Mara Rodriguez told VVNG the driver, identified as Tyler Harvey, 24, then ran the stop sign at Center Street.
“The deputy attempted to conduct a traffic stop and Harvey failed to yield to his emergency lights and sirens, and a pursuit was initiated. Harvey led deputies on the pursuit for just over 3 miles,” stated Rodriguez.
The pursuit came to an end when Harvey crashed near Dos Palmas and Park Avenue, along the southbound I-15 freeway in Victorville.
Rodriguez said Harvey suffered a possible broken ankle in the crash and was transported to a local hospital. He was charged with evading a Peace Officer.
- Homeless man stabbed in the back, 30-year-old arrested for attempted murder
- Man, 21, parked in the Town Center Parking lot robbed at gunpoint
- 25-year-old on probation back in jail after pursuit in Victorville
- Combative driver trapped in car punches firefighter and kicks deputies
- Apple Fire started by malfunctioning vehicle, authorities seeking witnesses