MOUNTAIN PASS, Calif. (VVNG.com) — A motorcyclist critically injured in a freeway accident was airlifted to a trauma center Saturday morning.
At about 9:26 am, dispatch received initial reports of a motorcycle down on the northbound I-15 freeway, north of Bailey Road near Moutain Pass.
According to the California Highway Patrol incident logs, the rider and bike were in the no. 2 and no. 3 lanes after the crash. Multiple vehicles stopped and assisted with directing traffic around the accident scene.
The first unit from San Bernardino County fire Medic Ambulance 53 arrived on scene in 32 minutes and reported 1 immediate patient.
“Due to the nature of injuries, an air ambulance was requested,” stated County Fire Captain Jeff Allen.
CHP officers temporarily shut down the northbound side for approximately 20 minutes to allow the arriving Mercy Air helicopter to land at the scene. The rider was airlifted to University Medical Center Las Vegas with unknown injuries.
“This is a remote area of the county and often times when incidents occur we can have extended response times”. Station 53 is located in Baker and actually covers close to 4,000 square miles including close to 100 miles of the I-15 from Harvard to the Nevada Stateline,” stated Allen.
No other injuries were reported and the cause of the accident is under investigation by the California Highway Patrol.
- Police Arrest Transient After Burglary at Wimpey’s Pawn Shop in Victorville
- Altercation over wearing a mask at a Rancho Cucamonga gas station turns violent
- 2 homeless women arrested for possession of stolen vehicle in Victorville
- Apple Valley man, 21, arrested for Elder Abuse after pushing relative to the ground
- Town of Apple Valley offers day camp, reopens fields for youth sports