VICTORVILLE, CA:(VVNG.com)– A 28-year-old motorcyclist from Lucerne Valley was airlifted following a hit-and-run traffic collision Sunday evening.
At about 6:05 p.m. dispatch received a call stating that a motorcycle rider was down on highway 18, near Stoddard Wells.
According to Sheriff’s spokeswoman, “there was a vehicle involved in the collision, which fled the scene prior to deputy’s arrival.”
The downed rider, Dayne Michaels was awake and breathing but was suffering unknown injuries. The Michaels was flown to Loma Linda Medical Center, his condition is unknown at this time.
Traffic on highway 18 heading to Victorville was detoured onto Stoddard Wells Road while authorities investigated the crash.
Anyone with information is urged to contact the Victorville Police Department at (760)956-5001.
- No injuries reported following drive-by shooting in Victorville
- Apple Fire burns over 20,000 acres and is 5% contained
- Police investigate shooting at High Desert Inn in Hesperia
- Granite Hills High School Celebrates Its AP Capstone Diploma Recipients
- National Trails Highway in Oro Grande closed due to fatal crash