VICTORVILLE, Calif. (VVNG.com) A 24-year-old motorcyclist from Victorville was rushed to a trauma center with life-threatening injuries following a crash Sunday night.
The accident involving an early model Honda and a motorcycle was reported just before 8:30 p.m., September 24, on Amethyst Road north of Bear Valley Road at the entrance of the Rite Aid shopping center.
When Victorville Sheriff’s Deputies and San Bernardino County Firefighters arrived they located the man lying on the ground with shallow breaths, scanner traffic reported.
According to witness, Christopher Rich, “[the] rider had heavy bleeding out of both ears, broken leg and throwing up blood after he woke up from being knocked out. He tried getting up but everyone kept him still”.
The rider was taken to Desert Valley Hospital by ambulance and later airlifted to Loma Linda University Medical Center. As of 10:00 p.m., his condition remains unknown.
Based on witness statements at the scene, the motorcyclist was traveling northbound on Amethyst Road when he collided into the passenger side of a Honda that was making a left turn into the Rite Aid shopping center from southbound Amethyst.
The official cause of the crash remains under investigation by the Victorville Sheriff’s Station.
Information will be updated as it becomes available.
Victorville motorcyclist, 24, dies from injuries sustained in crash
- Transient arrested for arson after setting fire to bushes outside of Arby’s in Victorville
- All SB County residents urged to get tested for COVID-19 using easy-to-use nasal swabs
- Driver in high-speed pursuit cited and released due to medical condition
- Police investigating after man shows up to local hospital with gunshot wound
- Homeless man stabbed in the back, 30-year-old arrested for attempted murder