APPLE VALLEY, Calif. (VVNG.com) — A motor scooter driver was killed early Saturday morning after being involved in a crash with a tow truck.
The crash happened at 1:18 a.m. on September 29, 2018, and involved a GTS 300 Vespa scooter and a tow truck from G&M Towing and Recovery.
According to Sergeant James Evans of the Apple Valley Police Department, the tow truck was traveling westbound on Bear Valley Road just west of Kiowa Road when the crash occurred.
Preliminary reports indicate the scooter driver may have been attempting to turn either on or off of Bear Valley Road from Outer Bear Valley when the crash occurred.
The driver of the Vespa was pronounced deceased on scene. The tow truck driver was uninjured and cooperated with officials.
The Sheriff’s Major Accident Investigation Team (MAIT) was requested to the scene to conduct a detailed investigation to determine the exact cause of the crash.
Sgt. Evans told Victor Valley News the man had not been identified as of 3 a.m. Saturday morning.
Bear Valley Road between Snapping Turtle and Kiowa Roads will be closed for an unknown duration for the investigation.
Coroner ID’s man killed in Vespa crash on Bear Valley Road
- Dive team recover body of boater missing in Big Bear Lake since Saturday
- No injuries reported following drive-by shooting in Victorville
- Apple Fire burns over 20,000 acres and is 5% contained
- Police investigate shooting at High Desert Inn in Hesperia
- Granite Hills High School Celebrates Its AP Capstone Diploma Recipients