HESPERIA, Calif. (VVNG.com) — Emergency pothole repair has prompted a hard road closure of Mariposa Road between Joshua Street and Ranchero Road early Tuesday morning.
City of Hesperia officials confirmed the roadway was closed on February 6, 2024, at 2:10 a.m. Additionally, the traffic signal at Mariposa Road and Ranchero Road was placed on a four-way flash.
At about 8:00 am, employees with the City of Hesperia Public Works department arrived and were busy filling the many potholes along the deteriorating roadway.
In response to the inclement weather, emergency closures of lanes on the northbound and southbound lanes of the I-15 freeway have been enforced. This has led to a significant rerouting of traffic, with a marked increase in vehicles and tractor-trailers utilizing Mariposa Road as a detour.
On February 5, 2024, a multi-vehicle crash on Mariposa Road, south of Joshua Street, blocked the roadway and prompted a temporary closure that lasted approximately 1 hour. No injuries were reported in the incident.
As previously reported by VVNG, on Tuesday evening dozens of motorists traveling on Mariposa Road hit potholes resulting in flat tires and a bust of emergency calls.
List of additional road closures in Hesperia due to flooding:
- Live Oak Street at Datura Road
- 3rd Avenue between Mauna Loa Street and Mojave Street
- Lincoln Avenue between Ranchero Road and Rodeo Street
- Orchid Avenue between Eucalyptus Street and Lilac Street
- Tamarisk Avenue at Valencia Street
- Mission Street between Bangor Avenue and Alston Avenue
- Choiceana Avenue is closed between Covina Street and Choiceana Court.
- Talisman Street is closed between Valencia Street and Cactus Avenue.
- Santa Fe Avenue East is closed between Mojave Street and Mauna Loa Street.
- E Avenue is closed between Lemon Street and G Avenue.
- C Avenue is closed between Hercules Street and Chestnut Street.
Turn Around Don’t Drown. Please use extreme caution if you must travel in this storm.
To follow updates to this article and more, join our newsgroup on Facebook with over 165,000 members. Like our Facebook page, and Follow us on Instagram and Twitter.