APPLE VALLEY, Calif. (VVNG.com) — Sheriff’s officials said a man found dead inside his vehicle in Apple Valley was the victim of a homicide.
The victim was identified as John Barreras, 48, of Apple Valley.
On Wednesday, August 14, 2019 at 6:42 a.m. deputies from the Apple Valley Station responded to a man down call in the area of Dale Evans Parkway, east of the I-15 freeway.
Deputies found a black Toyota Avalon parked on the shoulder and a man inside the car who was deceased.
Based on the evidence in the immediate area, deputies requested Detectives from the Specialized Investigations Division – Homicide Detail to conduct the investigation.
According to a sheriff’s news release, “detectives determined Barreras was the victim of a homicide and no additional information is being released at this time.”
Officials said the investigation is ongoing and anyone with information, or anyone who witnessed the incident, is asked to contact Detective Oscar Godoy, Specialized Investigations Division – Homicide Detail at (909)387-3589. Callers can remain anonymous and contact WeTip at 800-78CRIME or www.wetip.com.
Related Article: Man found dead inside car near I-15 freeway in Apple Valley
- Altercation over wearing a mask at a Rancho Cucamonga gas station turns violent
- 2 homeless women arrested for possession of stolen vehicle in Victorville
- Apple Valley man, 21, arrested for Elder Abuse after pushing relative to the ground
- Town of Apple Valley offers day camp, reopens fields for youth sports
- Homeless man arrested after setting a dumpster and field on fire in Phelan