ADELANTO-(VVNG.com): A 40-year-old Adelanto man is behind bars after crashing into a San Bernardino County, Adelanto station patrol vehicle early Tuesday morning. At around 4:40 a.m. on March 8th a deputy from the Victor Valley Station was parked on Lupin Road just west of Verbena Road with his headlights on.
The deputy heard and off-road motorcycle in the area, and just moments later the driver that attempted to drive around the unit hit a dirt berm causing it to collide into the patrol vehicle. According to Sheriff’s officials, the motorcycle landed on the unit, causing damage to the windshield and hood.
The driver identified as Sonny Ray Vargas was found to be driving on a suspended license and was also found to have two arrest warrants. Vargas was also found to be in possession of over an ounce of marijuana. AMR triaged Vargas at the scene as a precaution. There were no injuries reported as a result of the incident.
He was arrested and booked into the High Desert Detention Center for transportation of marijuana and for his warrants. He is being held in lieu of $50,000 bail.
- Over 100 pounds of marijuana and large-capacity magazines seized by Victorville PD
- Phelan man arrested in undercover sting to solicit teen girl on dating app
- Swim coach, 31, arrested after missing Apple Valley teen was found hiding in his bedroom
- Police Arrest Transient After Burglary at Wimpey’s Pawn Shop in Victorville
- Altercation over wearing a mask at a Rancho Cucamonga gas station turns violent