VICTORVILLE, Calif. (VVNG.com) A man selling Jordans on OfferUP was allegedly robbed at gunpoint Friday night when he went to finish the transaction.
At about 7:48 p.m., deputies responded to the Mountain Vista Apartments in the 15000 block of Nisqualli Road reference an armed robbery that had just occurred.
The victim told police he drove to the apartments to sell three pairs of Nike Jordan shoes to someone he met on OfferUP. Three males, one of them armed with a shotgun approached the victim and robbed him of his shoes and cell phone.
All three of the suspects, described as Black male juveniles fled on foot. A Sheriff’s helicopter was called to assist with the search and were unable to locate any of the suspects.
No injuries were reported and information will be updated as it becomes available.
Safety tips for buying and selling online:
- Trust your instincts.
- Don’t go alone.
- Insist to meet at a public place such as a police precinct.
- Do not meet in a secluded area.
- Do not invite strangers into your home, and do not go to theirs.
- Be cautious when buying/selling high value items.
- Perform the transaction during daylight hours.
- If it sounds too good to be true, it normally is.
- Tell a friend or family member about your intentions.
- Take your cell phone with you.