VICTORVILLE, Calif. (VVNG.com) — Police arrested a 46-year-old knife-wielding Victorville transient after he threatened and robbed a man at a gas station Tuesday morning.
It happened at 11:05 am, on August 28, 2018, at the ARCO gas station in the 15700 block of Roy Rogers Drive in Victorville.
Sheriff’s Spokeswoman Mara Rodriguez told Victor Valley News, the suspect identified as Joseph Benjamin Martinez, was armed with a knife as he approached the victim.
“He held a knife and threatened the man, demanding the victim give him his cell phone and tablet. The man was in fear and complied,” stated Rodriguez.
Deputies responded to the scene and after an area check, they located Martinez running in the nearby desert. Martinez was positively identified as the suspect and arrested.
He was booked at High Desert Detention Center for PC211 robbery and for being under the influence of a controlled substance. His bail is set at $150,000 and is scheduled for arraignment in a Victorville courtroom on August 30, 2018.
- Apple Fire started by malfunctioning vehicle, authorities seeking witnesses
- Fire restrictions increased in San Bernardino National Forest
- Dive team recover body of boater missing in Big Bear Lake since Saturday
- No injuries reported following drive-by shooting in Victorville
- Apple Fire burns over 20,000 acres and is 5% contained