CRESTLINE, Calif. (VVNG.com) A 34-year-old Crestline man is under arrest after he brutally assaulted an elderly man.
On June 17, 2017, deputies from the Twin Peaks Station responded to a business in the 24000 block of Lake Drive in Crestline, regarding an assault incident.
According to authorities, employees at Goodwin’s Market called 911 to report an assault on a 75-year-old man.
The suspect, Matthew Adam Kiser was inside the market when the elderly asked him to leave and was told he was trespassing.
“Kiser had been given a trespassing warning in the past and was not to be on the property,” stated a sheriff’s press release. “After being told to leave, Kiser punched the victim in the forehead causing him to fall and loose consciousness.”
Deputies quickly responded to the call and contacted Kiser as he was walking away from the store.
Due to the victim being above the age of 75 years old, Kiser was arrested and booked into the West Valley Detention Center for PC 368(B)(1), Elder Abuse with Injury. Kiser is currently being held in lieu of a $50,000 bail.
Anyone with information about the case should contact the Twin Peaks Sheriff’s Station (909) 336-0600. Callers wishing to remain anonymous are urged to call the We-Tip Hotline at 1-800-78-CRIME (27463) or you may leave information on the We-Tip Hotline at www.wetip.com.
- Barstow Sheriff’s Deputy attacked by suspect with a machete
- A long-duration and dangerous heat-wave will begin Friday, Monsson activity possible
- Can you help Victorville Police ID this suspect?
- 14 arrested, cash, guns, and marijuana seized during search warrant in Victorville
- Motorcyclist airlifted after crash on Pawnee Rd and Highway 18 in Apple Valley