VICTORVILLE, Calif. (VVNG.com) An 18-year-old was arrested for an injury hit-and-run thanks to information obtained from witnesses and the victim, police said.
It happened at the intersection of Starshine Drive and Eugune Road at 7:52 a.m. on October 20, when a 51-year-old Victorville man walking in the cross walk was struck by a 1991 Acura Integra.
The driver, later identified as Victorville resident Angel Torres-Avalos stopped briefly at the scene before fleeing, police said in a news release.
The victim sustained injuries to his legs and was subsequently transported to a nearby hospital.
Through information obtained from the victim and witnesses, the vehicle and driver were located nearby. Torres-Avalos was arrested and booked at High Desert Detention Center for hit and run causing injuries.
Anyone with information about this investigation is asked to contact the Victorville Police Department at (760) 241-2911. Callers wishing to remain anonymous are urged to call the We-Tip Hotline at 1-800-78CRIME (27463) or you may leave information on the We-Tip website at www.wetip.com.
- Apple Fire started by malfunctioning vehicle, authorities seeking witnesses
- Fire restrictions increased in San Bernardino National Forest
- Dive team recover body of boater missing in Big Bear Lake since Saturday
- No injuries reported following drive-by shooting in Victorville
- Apple Fire burns over 20,000 acres and is 5% contained